Have you explored Microsoft PowerBI.com yet? Power BI helps bring data to life! Power BI is a Microsoft’s Business Analytics service for Visualizing, exploring and deriving insights from data!
Please visit http://www.powerbi.com/ to learn more!
Take the Power BI tour at: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/tour
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, Microsoft has introduced a new capability called a PowerBI Content Pack so that Microsoft Dynamics NAV end users can connect a correctly configured Microsoft Dynamics NAV instance to PowerBI.com and see a full business performance insights dashboard.
In NAV 2016 demo database, some of the web services are published by default and the Power BI Microsoft Dynamics NAV content pack uses Microsoft Dynamics NAV’s web services to retrieve your data:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 hosted on Azure VM
- Use Authentication method as NAVUserPassword to login to NAV
- Enable ODATA and SOAP web services in NAV Admin tool
- Make sure the above specified web services are published in NAV
- Sign up for an account in PowerBI.com using your organizational email address.
1.Sign in to PowerBI.com and Click on Get Data
2.Select the content package for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
3. Click on Connect and enter the NAV 2016 OData URL feed as : http://domainname:port/Instancename/Odata/Company_name
4. Choose the Authentication Method as Basic and enter the NAV user ID and Password to Sign in.
This creates Microsoft Dynamics NAV Dataset, Report and Dashboard as shown below:
Each report contains multiple charts for a given set of data. Users can modify, copy to new, or create new content on the pages to get KPIs and charts from the data that fits their individual needs. Users can pin report elements to their existing dashboard or they can create a new dashboard.
More details at: https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/746439